Monday 24 August 2015

Pastor Donnie McClurkin Reflects On The Past Year After His Vocal Surgery





Last year, specifically on the 14th of August 2014, influential American gospel singer and mega church Pastor, Donnie McClurkin had a vocal surgical procedure carried on him as a result of a vocal infection he had suffered.  This was done to remove... pre-cancerous cells in his throat and he admits coming to terms with the operation was “tough” as he feared he would be unable to sing again. The procedure left him with an unpleasant voice already but his doctors were confident he would make a full recovery, and that he did.
To show how much of a ‘survivor’ he is in Christ Jesus, he went on tour shortly after the surgery. Even though according to him, he contemplated pulling out of the show due to his vocal issues, he was glad he didn’t.
Speaking to Associated Press before the tour kicked off in Houston, Texas, he offered,
“I’ve got a lot to live for, and I had to make myself realise that. As hard as it was, I had to pull myself out of it. I started praying more. And each time I tried to sing, it becomes a lot better. It’s going to take a moment, but it won’t be so problematic that I can’t perform.”
Furthermore, he enthused 
“God uses imperfect and broken people. If we can go through our cycle and still produce, that means anybody can. This (tour) is predicated on our willingness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment